Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mr Cockatoo

I am presently living with two other couples, a goldfish, two cats and a motherless cockatoo that visits my balcony at 5 in the morning. The lungs on this little bugger could make a grape wet its pants and shrivel up into a raisin. Why is it that such a gnarly little creature, with wings I might add, has to land on my damned balcony and nowhere else.

I'll tell you why! I fed the little bastard and now he wants more.


All the annoyances aside, the present bane of my life is actually quite cool. Lately I've been searching for the positives in every situation that crosses my path and this is what I mustered up for this present annoyance.


10 positives an arse of a cockatoo brought to my life:

1. I wake up early without having to set an alarm
2. I sleep less
3. I drink more coffee
4. The increased coffee intake has a natural laxative effect
5. I have time to do things like blog
6. I have discovered that my fish doesn't sleep much and is always on the move. cool.
7. I have found that my girlfriend definitely needs her 8 hours
8. The sun is amazing in the morning especially going into winter where it has a charming warming effect at 5am
9. The city is a lot more docile and actually seems like a pleasant place until 5.30am
10. Living in a house with 5 other people gives me first dibs on all that glorious hot water in our 1 and only bathroom.


I now also appreciate and get to watch an aw inspiring sunrise most mornings, which if you haven't done in awhile I truly suggest you wake your lazy asses up early, make yourself a coffee and watch the damn thing that keeps this world spinning.



Thanks Mr Cockatoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment